10.28.2006

Show me everything, show me everything, show me everything I never knew about me

This is one of those times when life gets pulled out from under you and you get caught just as you think you're going to fall forever and ever. The floor drops, and you scream, and you cry, and then you feel the arms of someone so much stronger than you, so much braver. But you still cry, because what you stood on is gone, and you don't know what happened. Everything you knew is changing, and even though you're held, you don't know anything other than the hands that have you. When you're being carried you have no control over where you go or what happens next. You just trust. Because it's all you can do.

2 comments:

  1. I'm stricken by the sheer inadequacy of words. Silent comfort is impossible online, and words fail.

    Words are insufficient. Here is my friendship and my prayers. I cannot find any way to say what I want to.

    "Come unto Me, all you who are weary, and I will give you rest."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mara,

    I don't know what's going on, but I'm praying for you, whatever is wrong, little sister. You're loved, not only by the Saviour, but by your bretheren as well.

    ReplyDelete