10.29.2009

Not so fast, come back, come back...

Alas, today's blog post is a sad one. Copeland has just announced their breakup on their website.

So, today I am mourning the loss of my favorite band. Less than a week ago I was singing along while Aaron Marsh crooned, "Sleep now, Moon, I'll watch over her while the sun is up," and "I'll smile for you now, because you're sad, but I'm not allowed to feel sad," and "I've got my life in a suitcase, I'm ready to run, run, run away." Turns out they really are running away. Turns out I am sad, and no one is smiling. And it turns out Copeland won't be watching over me anymore. Who will empathize with me when my days are riddled with angst? Who will explain exactly how I feel so that I don't have to? Whose music will flow through my green earbuds on sleepless nights while I hold tightly to my stuffed aardvark and whisper the words to my favorite songs? Whose metaphorical shoulder will I cry on when no one else is around?

Copeland, you were the brightest little firefly in my jar, and I hope to see you spark again.

Sincerely,
Mara the sad little Butterfly Child

No comments:

Post a Comment