Okay. Christmas list update! I am adding everything to the bottom of the original list and reposting it. Most of the new things are links that I've had saved for a long time, and some of them are selections from my favorite Etsy things.
- Girl sized band shirts. You can figure out what bands I like at www.last.fm/users/ellisbelle and looking at my top artists.
- A nice jacket or two that are comfy and warm but not ugly.
- Shoes. Size 7.5. Always need more shoes.
- PHP book, so I can learn to be a nerd.
- The Enamored Owl laptop skin for a 15.4" laptop. SOFREAKINGCOOL.
- A Holga camera, and the film adapter that goes with it, and any accessories and whatnot.
- Artala trash can from Umbra
- Superman poster. Not necessarily this specific one, just a cool one. (This is the poster I have in the office already, in case it matters)
- Retro tin signs: The Incredible Hulk, Spider-Man, Superman, Wolverine, Batman, The Fantastic Four
- Vinyl Record Storage Container by retrograndma
- Ooh La La Retro Ruffle Apron (don't you want to make a pie just looking at it?)
- Jewelry by CatherineMarissa: Itty Bitty Skull and Crossbones studs, Itty Bitty Cupcake studs, Itty Bitty Raincloud studs, Itty Bitty Raincloud ring.
- Steampunk Ring by LondonParticulars
- Rings by DillonDesigns: Skyline Ring, Damask Ring, and Queen Anne's Lace Ring (size 7)
- Dragonfly Wing Ring by JesseDanger - this is one of my favorite things ever.
- A mousepad. I love this cupcake one and this skull one by crrysstall, but I can't decide which is my favorite.
I am thinking of doing NaNoWriMo next month. I think I'm going to do it. I am going to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. That's about 175 pages. The largest novel I ever wrote was 34 pages, unfinished. I was 11. So, I guess I am going to brainstorm plots and stuff while I'm deciding. To be honest with you, and to show what a nerd I am, this how-to article is sort of what got me started thinking about it. It's got some good tips. I mean, I have always kind of secretly wanted to do it, and Hans does it and he's cool, and I think Sarah and Lara do it too, and I kind of want to be just like them. I don't know. This sounds intense. Mom said that if I do it I should only wear my cowboy boots until I finish. That's what my cousin Maren did while she was working on an art final for college.
I decided today to get some eggplant colored tights. That's all I really have to say on that point.
I WANT A SODA SO BAD. I don't think I can take it. I can drink diet soda now without gagging, so that's awesome. But seriously. I think I'm going to have to get one. I have been really good about not buying snacks and stuff lately, so I don't even have to feel that guilty about it. Plus, I could get diet. Oh yes. It's happening.
Three days until Relient K and Copeland. I am SO excited. I'm listening to Copeland now to get myself all prepared. I'm trying to make sure I know all the lyrics. Hahaha.
I've got my life in a suitcase
I'm ready to run, run, run away
I've got no time, because I'm always
Trying to run, run run away
Because every day, it feels like it's only a game
I've got my life in a suitcase, a suitcase, a suitcase
This blog is getting really long. Sorry guys. You really don't have to read it. *laugh*
Could you be happy to fall like a stone
If you'd land right here safe in my arms?
Lock all your doors through the night
Keep it all right here safe in my arms
I think I'll just continue to quote songs. Maybe it'll help me learn them better or something. Or, if nothing else, it's just fun.
Where I hung my coat
That's where I left my head
So you'd be wise to doubt
Every word I ever said
'Cause I just woke to eat some chocolate and go straight back
I'll go straight back to bed
Where's my head?
I am a pro at this. And also I love Copeland.
So. Andrew is job shadowing an actuary today. That's a pretty big deal. I am excited for him, but I am also pretty nervous, because it could end up having a pretty huge impact on whether he moves far, far away next year or if he only moves sort of far away. I am hoping that he loves the job so that he will just go to Drake instead of going to UPenn. Pennsylvania is a long drive.
He's in love with tragedy, in love with tragedy
She was a wreck, but he loved her
She was a wreck, but so was he
And the last time he saw Dorie he didn't know what to say
But "thank you, because you loved me
It's all on me, because I didn't want to stay"
Live, live, live
Live because you love, love love
And love will make you give, give, give
And give in when you break, break break
But you just want to fix yourself
Just to break again
There is a new blogger background coming, and I actually made it. It's coming along. It's hard to know if something looks good when you've stared at it for too long, so we'll see what happens with it.
Okay. I think that is the end of this blog. It's getting excessive.
Mara the Butterfly