1.13.2010

Is this where I'm supposed to be, or is this another distraction...

The following is stolen from my CGR blog.  Some of it may be information you already know.  Mostly it is just random stuff.  I just posted it a minute ago so I thought I'd just cut and paste.

Dang, yo. I'm making rice pudding in the crock pot. It be smellin' so good. Pretend I said that in a Family Force 5 voice.

Today I looked at health insurance plans. It was interesting.

I need to do some yoga or pilates or something at some point today.

I think that at some point I am going to post a picture of myself in here, because it's been a while. I just need to get around to taking one.

Yesterday I had Chinese for lunch. Me and da buhfrend went out to eat. I also almost went to a basketball game, but then I didn't. I did watch American Idol on TV, and The Bachelor on Hulu. The Bachelor is an insane show. I also almost went to the hospital to visit Andrew's sister (boyfriend flavored Andrew, not CGR Andrew), but I didn't because she just wanted to sleep today. Andrew's sister has bone cancer and is on her second to last round of chemotherapy. Today she's coming home, and then she has another round in a few weeks if her blood counts are up to it, and then she will leave for Houston for a few weeks for radiation on her lungs. You guys don't know that story I suppose, but that's where it's at right now. Soooo yes. No hospital visit this time around, which was really fine with me, because I HATE going to the hospital. I get kind of panic-attacky. It's pretty pathetic.

Anyway, that was a little bit random.

Dead guy:

I need to go to the post office and to the bank today.

That rice pudding is killing me. I want some right now. Only an hour left. *sigh*

Now back to normal blogging!

So, it's been a while since I last blogged.  I am still on the hunt for a job, although I guess I'm not really hunting very much.  I have profiles on some nanny finding websites, but if that is what I want to do I should really get on the ball about finding a family.  Mom thinks I need to focus my applications on office-type jobs where I'll get paid well.  The problem is that I don't have a degree and I'm not going to school to learn any kind of marketable skills.  Stupid college.

It seems like all the nanny jobs are in Iowa City.

The rice pudding was a failure, I think.  It's all messed up.

Well, I am finding more nanny jobs now that I know more of what to look for.  So that is good.  I think I'm going to start asking families questions and feeling out what a job like that might look like.  I'm excited for that, I think.

Anyway, that's the end.

Mara

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry about the rice pudding. At least you made some yummy spiced tea today. :)

    You did a good job weighing your insurance options. *nod*

    Office work was just an idea. Lots of clerical positions do not require any kind of degree. And it was just an idea. I don't care if you work in an office. *laugh* I want you to go wherever God leads.

    Diego is adorable. I know you've wanted a Compassion child for a LONG time, but I'm glad you've waited until now so that Diego could be your little guy. I am praying for him.

    We're making soup tomorrow. Two kinds.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete