11.17.2009

A new afterthought, a stupid idea, I stayed home all day and wished you were here, it's been a hard year...

You know what makes me kinda mad?  When people are convinced they they are right and that anyone who believes differently is stupid or is naive or is foolish because they believe otherwise.  I mean, obviously there are times that things are a little different, like yes, Jesus is the only way to God, I am right, anyone who believes something is wrong, there is no other way, etc., but seriously, let's at least understand that the people who DO believe otherwise also think they are right.  We aren't the only ones with an opinion that we feel strongly about.  Atheists believe that God doesn't exist, possibly just as firmly as we believe that God does exist.  So why do people act like they're stupid for believing something different?  Like they're fools who can't think just because they're wrong?  I even see people do that about those little facets of Christianity that are really just details that don't even (in my opinion, ironically enough) affect ones salvation, like parts of the whole Calvinism vs. Arminianism debate.  Calvinists think that Arminians are idiots, and Arminians think Calvinists are idiots.  Neither of them really knows who is right.  Maybe they're both right, maybe they're both wrong, maybe they should just get over themselves.  Makes me sick.  I don't care if people believe strongly in something, and I think it's great when people do, but seriously, it's not like people are retards because they don't think like you do.  Give everyone some credit and just assume that they are smarter than you.  Chances are, they have just as much knowledge to offer you as you have to offer them.

Anyway, I don't know if any of that paragraph made sense, because frankly, I don't really proofread my blog posts.  You guys get it all raw and natural, exactly the way it comes out of my brain.

In other news, I'm still prom dress shopping.  I really don't know what I want, except that I think I want to have a little more fun with the whole ensemble this year.  Also, soon I am going to revise my Christmas/birthday list, again.  So if you were just aching inside because you didn't already have a million ideas, you're in luck, because I've come up with more stuff.

I am tired.  In pretty much all ways that a person can be tired, I think.

I am very far behind in NaNoWriMo.  That's really all there is to say about that.

Today after work I have to stop by the eye doctor to see if they can switch my contacts with a different brand that doesn't hurt my eyes so much.  I don't know why these ones have started bothering me so much, but I want to try something new and I haven't opened the box yet.  Anyway, yes.  After that I'll probably go to Michael's and get some yarn, because I am going to crochet some Mary Jane slipper socks.  Or try to, at least.

I am completely lacking creative ability today.  My brain is feeling pretty much worthless right now.

Mara

2 comments:

  1. Yay for more Christmas/birthday list! I was just perusing your previous lists today and need more ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it, you can do it! You have all weekend to catch up in NaNoWriMo. I believe in you! :)
    How did the eye visit go? Did they let you switch them out?

    ReplyDelete