6.22.2009

This is going to break me clean in two, this is going to bring me close to you...

Mara has two jobs now.  Hooray!

My new job is doing graphic design for Info2Go, a new company that is putting television screens above gas pumps with advertisements and news and weather and whatnot displayed on it.  Anyway, I will be designing the ads, assuming these first couple of weeks go well.  It sounds like it could be a really neat opportunity.  I'm excited.  I am hoping, though, that I am able to keep working at Panera, just because it's that much more money and because I think I will enjoy working there.  However, this Info2Go thing is just a way better opportunity, assuming I am able to do what they want, and so really that is what I have to think about.  If I can't do both I will not be too down about it or anything.  But you know.  It's nice to stay busy, and earn money. 

I realized today that it would not take me very long to save for a new guitar.  A pretty nice one, even.  Mom wasn't too keen on that.

Panera is going well so far.  I have around 17 hours this week, which is pretty good, in my opinion.

VBS is happening this week.  It's pretty fun.  I missed about half of it tonight because I had to work, but I will be there the rest of the week.  I get to work with the 1st and 2nd graders, which is fun because a lot of them are kids I have been around at VBS since they were in Pre-K/K.  Plus, Carter and Owen are both in my group, which is just rockin'.

I need to start getting some sleep one of these days.  For real.

I have been listening to The Fray again.  I got their first CD, so I am acquainting myself with it.  I am enjoying basically all of the songs so far.  I really like their music, which surprises me because they are so popular.  Maybe they are just that good, or maybe I am just a failure at music.

I cannot see nearly well enough with these glasses.  Not to mention they are just ugly.  I don't even know what I was thinking when I picked them.  Ick.

Work tomorrow.  Then possibly lunch with Wendy.  Then maybe running to some places quick to look for cute summer shirts and shorts.  Then home.  Then VBS.  Then home again.  Then sleep.

Wednesday:  Must wake up obscenely early.  Work in Indianola for Info2Go.  Then home.  Then VBS.  Then potentially some stargazing.  Then home.  Then sleep.  Lots of it.

Thursday: VBS

Friday: Guitar lesson with Ben at 10:30 (I am fairly certain we are still doing that at 10:30, at least), then home, then work at 5.

Saturday: Work at 8 (yuck), then nothing.  Someone should plan something fun.  Maybe I will see if some people want to go to a movie.  Or maybe I will just sleep.

You may or may not have wanted to hear a play-by-play for what the rest of my week would look like, but there you go.

The only thing I am not pumped about as far as working at Panera is having to wear a polo and khakis.  Ewww.  Not my thing.  Cute on other people, weird on me.

I wonder if I am allowed to have crazy colored hair when I work for Info2Go.  Hmmmm...

Alright.  Sleep now.

Mara Tenille
The Butterfly

1 comment:

  1. My goodness, congrats on the second job! Sounds like it could be pretty awesome.

    I love The Fray's first CD. Look After You is... well, amazing.

    ReplyDelete