8.31.2006

Either one of us takes the wheel, or all of us take the fall

Being at this school is stretching me a bit. I hatehatehate most of what goes on here. So many people are just gross and wrong and horrid to each other. Ugh. It makes me so angry. But at the same time, I'm learning so much. It's showed me what I have and who God is and what a difference He makes. This morning I was on the bus listening to The Fold and that song came on (the one with the line in the title of this blog, I don't know the name) and it really challenged me. I have the duty of showing these kids what Christ is like and who He is. That's why I'm here, and I have no right to hide in a corner watching everyone get more and more lost. Who am I to walk my righteous path and simply watch others go astray without saying anything? I have no right to keep God to myself.

Last night I went to a fellowship group thing. All the Christians from Ballard get together once a week before Wednesday night bible studies and one of them gets interviewed about their faith. It gives us something to talk about at school and a way to bring God up with others. It was really awesome, and now I know who the Christians are in case I need someone to beat me with a Bible when I'm having a bad attitude. It was also reallyreally fun. There are some awesome kids at this school, even if there are some idiots mixed in there.

I love my life. I love my friends. I love my God.

Mara Tenille

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mara,

    This is the kind of thing I love to hear about from you. It reflects well on the character that God has built in you. *huge grin* I know you won't mind my attributing all the glory to Him on that one. ;-)

    I'm reminded of something the Apostle said in his first letter to the Corinthians.

    "For if I preach the gospel, that gives me no ground for boasting. For necessity is laid upon me. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel! For if I do this of my own will, I have a reward, but not of my own will, I am still entrusted with a stewardship. What then is my reward? That in my preaching I may present the gospel free of charge, so as not to make full use of my right in the gospel. For though I am free from all, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win more of them."

    You are right, you do not have an excuse to hide in a corner, safely, with your Saviour. Jesus is not a Saviour who is easily "boxed". As the Supertones put it:

    "In Christ, you got no right livin' timid, He's light in the dark, and hope for the wicked! There's a land of the dead called Planet Earth, and a race called Man walks dead from birth, and beast and man both bear the curse, come from the womb but return to dirt..."

    I will caution you: you will be laughed at. You'll be mocked. You'll hear things said about, and arguments levelled at, the Christian faith that will likely challenge you. It does not make your faith any less true, it just means that you need to find out how you can best give a reason for the hope that is in you, with regards to that particular question.

    I am at University right now. I am pretty certain my roomies in my cluster (I live in a townhouse sort of thing with three other guys, one of whom has not shown up yet) do not know the LORD. It falls on me, then, to be the best possible example of Christ to them that I can be.

    I think my comment is going to be longer than your blog post. *grin* I'm praying for you, little sister. Do the same for me if you think of it, won't you?

    I've resurrected my blogger if you'd like to comment.

    http://www.ryan-w-hill.blogspot.com

    Grace and peace,
    ~Ryan

    ReplyDelete